Acceptable Use Policy
Updated June 2023
This page outlines the Acceptable Use Policy for Waxlog.com, detailing the terms of acceptable use that you must adhere to while accessing and interacting with our website.
By using Waxlog.com, you confirm that you accept the terms of this policy and agree to comply with these terms. If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use Waxlog.com. Waxlog.com may make changes to the terms of this policy, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time of use of Waxlog.com.
You may not use Waxlog.com in any way:
- that breaches any law, or that is unlawful or fraudulent
- that is for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors or in any way involves child sexual exploitation or abuse
- to bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate any person
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which is prohibited
- to transmit any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam)
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware
- to upload terrorist content
By using Waxlog.com you agree:
- not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt any part of our site Waxlog.com, any equipment or network on which our site is stored, any software used in the provision of our site or any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute or import to our site Waxlog.com (“Contribution”), and to any interactive services associated with it. The Content Standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. The standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole. Waxlog will determine, in its discretion, whether a Contribution breaches the Content Standards.
A Contribution must:
- be accurate (where it states facts)
- be genuinely held (where it states opinions
- comply with the law applicable in Ireland and in any country from which it is posted
A Contribution must not:
- be defamatory of any person
- be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammator
- bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate
- promote sexually explicit material
- include child sexual abuse material
- promote violence
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age
- infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person
- be likely to deceive any person
- breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence
- promote any illegal content or activity
- be in contempt of court
- be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person
- impersonate any person or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person
- give the impression that the Contribution emanates from Waxlog, if this is not the case
- advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse
- contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism
- contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites unless expressly mandated by Waxlog in advance
Failure to comply with this acceptable use policy constitutes a material breach of the terms upon which you are permitted to use our site, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- withdrawal of your right to use our site
- removal of any contribution uploaded by you to our site
- issue of a warning to you
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
Waxlog excludes liability for all action it may take in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. Waxlog can transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to any third party, provided this does not adversely affect your rights under these terms. These terms are governed by Irish law. You and Waxlog both agree that the courts of Ireland will have exclusive jurisdiction in the event of a dispute
We may change this policy for operational or legal reasons. Please check back regularly to see any changes.
Need more information?